Sunday, April 16, 2017

Workouts this week: April 9

Sunday: Bodypump
Went to Bodypump. Still died in lunges. I did half of lunges without weights. (What is wrong with my legs?)

There was no yoga class tonight. They had a staff training.

Cute runners at the IM Fields, where I run. 

I did a 1.5 mile recovery run afterwards. It was painful and I walked a lot. But trying to stretch out my legs.

Note: Saw a couple walking a fluffy black cat on a leash. (It was pretty awesome.)

Goofing off after I saw the cat.
 (My calves look ripped because they are. So sore.)

Monday: Lunch yoga
I missed Sunday night yoga so I tried Alex's Monday noon yoga class. It was small. I liked it.

I'm trying to up my mileage, so I wanted to run two miles tonight. It was painful. I ran the 2. Barely. I was limping and almost crying as I walked back to my car. (My calves are so tight from Saturday's race.) I could have taken painkillers, but it's good for me to know what's going on with my muscles. (Tiny muscle tears.)

I went to the gym for the power plate machine (It has a 60-second massage feature). Lately there's always been a line. It's mostly people doing calf raises or single leg dips (which you can do on any machine.) Today it was two of the guys, who were working with a sour annoyed trainer. The guys look like they'd both come out of full body casts. They were pale. Their arms were atrophied and they were greasy. (I'd guess serious gamers.) They were having trouble with a medicine ball. (I wanted to snatch it from them and show them how to workout.) It's rare I see people so out of shape. Maybe it's good they were working out. Except they weren't trying and the trainer was annoyed by that.

Tuesday: OFF
Today was supposed to be my track workout, which I was REALLY looking forward to. I'd already gotten my clothes ready.

Only, my calves are still shredded. I can feel it when I walk. Speed work would have been the worst possible thing to do. So I rested instead.

I went home and walked the dog. I did a little cooking. Not as much as I wanted, but still.
It's so nice how much time I have when I don't workout.

Walking Mojo


Wednesday: Gymnastics
I picked an awful week to try and up my mileage. I tried to get 2 miles in on my lunch break. My calves are still sore. I took some painkillers so I could run. I was hoping they'd be better today. Maybe it wasn't as bad as Monday? I run clumsily. I walked more than I'd like. I'm eating protein and hoping my calves heal soon.

I went to gymnastics and tried to avoid jumping. Learned a forearm stand. I have trouble finding my balance and don't know how to fall out of it. That will come with practice.

Forearm stand


Also, they aren't having gymnastics this summer. I'd decided to run more miles this summer, so this works for me.

Feeling strong after gymnastics. 

Thursday: Easy run
I wanted to get a longish run in this week, so today I was shooting for 5 miles. But I was worried about my calves.

I read somewhere online that I should try some compression sleeves for my calves. So, I ordered some from Amazon. Today I wore compression crops for my run. That plus rest and taking it easy and I finished my 5 miles! I did go slowly. I did walk more than I wanted to. I don't know if I'v ever been so happy to run slow. But I logged my miles. I didn't cry. I didn't limp. Hooray!

CWX compression crops. 



Friday: Pilates
Went to Pilates. There were no classes at the gym for the Easter weekend.

Logging miles. Always logging miles.
This wasn't supposed to be a shot of powerlines. Oh well. 

Saturday: Long run
Today was my husband's birthday. To celebrate we went on a long run. No, really, that's what he wanted to do.

We did the big loop around Lake Chapman. It's 6 and change miles. It's really pretty, very hilly and full of roots. You really have to watch your step. I stayed with him for the first 3 or so and then I took two wrong turns (it's been more than a month since I've run here, so oops), so I got further behind.

The rain washed a bridge out, so there was a small river to ford. This involved strategic hopping on logs and picking the highest part of the mud to highly tread through. My shoes still got dirty, but not wet.

I walked way too much on this course. The hills kill me. They make me feel so weak. But I was trying to keep it slow and my times were within what my training plan said. So I did it. I finished 8 miles. (I added some to the beginning and end of the course.)

I drank all of my water after the run. I ate a granola bar dipped in peanut butter and an orange.

We went home and cleaned up and went and got tacos.

Miles this week: 21
Runs: 6
6 days running
Workouts: 10 (workouts + 1 and 2 mile runs)

No comments:

Post a Comment