Monday, November 26, 2018

Workouts this week Nov. 19-25

Monday: Off

Tuesday: speed work




I decided to do 400s on the indoor track today. I think 10 was a good number. 8 was on my 5k training plan.

(Goal: 1:45)
1:46, 1:41, 1:41, 1:36
1:37, 1:38
And then for some reason I thought I was close to done. And then I wasn't.
1:39, 1:36
That's 8. But then we usually do 10 at track workouts. So I thought I should do 10 reps instead.
1:38
1:39
1:40
1:33

This workout was hard. Could I sustain this for a 5k? How was I ever this fast? How did faster 400s ever happen? And it's not even that fast. Here's hoping putting hard work in means something.



Wednesday: 5 miles by my house
I was going to run trails, but they were paving the road and I didn't want to deal with traffic and potentially get tar on my car so I ran the boring loop by my house. About 7 loops. I'd change it up some every time. But this way I get mileage in without too much pavement.



Thursday: OFF
It was Thanksgiving. I ate too much. I should have run. But in the morning I volunteered at a race. I went straight to Thanksgiving with my parents. I came home and cooked dinner for Matt. And that was daylight.

Friday: Tempo
Today I decided to do my second speed session of the week—2 tempo miles at the track. And I brought Matt along. I did 1.5 miles of slow warmup. Then did 2 miles without stopping. (Slower than last week's!). And 1.5 miles of cool down.
7:25
7:28

This was a little slower than last week, but closer to my current 5k pace. I felt like I could hold that for a 5k. It was really cold and windy out—so I didn't want to go too fast today. With the 400s the other day, I didn't need to overdo this. It was so cold, I never took my vest off (46 degrees, 14 mph winds). Yikes! But I'm proud I gritted through this workout in the cold. It was a solid effort.



Saturday: Junk Miles 
I was SUPPOSED to do my long run today, but it was cold and miserable so I did a junk 5 miles. Again by my house. It was cold (50). But I actually took off my vest today.

Sunday: Long run
10 miles of trails in 45 degree weather. It wasn't warmer. It was supposed to be 60. But I did it. And Felt great.

Miles this week: 30
Runs this week: 5

Up next: a 5k Saturday. I have no idea how this will go. (Weather looks to be thunderstorms and 20 mile per hour winds).


No comments:

Post a Comment