Sunday, November 4, 2018

Workouts this week: Oct. 30-Nov. 4

Monday: Halloween run at Fleet Feet: 3 miles
I don't go to many group runs, but I love a costume run and this one is awesome. I get to see all of my friends dressed up. And it's fun to run down the road in a giant group and see people look twice at costumed runners. Super glad I went to this.

Treed raccoon.

Crosswalk button costume!


Tuesday: Speed work at the track
It was a ladder workout today. I was happy with the results.  (Not happy: Only two ladies at the workout. Me and Lissa. Where are you ladies?)
I guess it was supposed to be around 5k pace so I was aiming for about 7 minute pace.

400: 1:43
400: 1:37
800: 3:26
1200: 5:11
800: 3:21
400: 1:32
400: 1:30

I was disappointed that last 400 wasn't a 1:25 or faster like last week.




I looked at my times—and pretty identical to a workout last fall. This workout had one more repitition. And I don't think it felt as hard. I was happy with the effort.

Wednesday: Off
After running 3 days straight I took a day off.

Thursday: Off
I was supposed to run today. I packed my running clothes. But then my mind just wasn't in it. I took another day off. I did do 45 minutes on the exercise bike to say I did something.

Friday: Trying out new insoles 
I went for physical therapy today. Ugh. Maybe I'll do a post on that. I tried running 4 easy miles in the new insoles. They're okay I guess. I didn't really notice. I did try to consciously strikes with my mid foot (not heel) and not lock out my knees. (I was thinking mid foot and soft knees for my runs.)

Saturday: Failed tempo
I started out this morning going to pick up new running club merchandise. Then I went to volunteer at a kids race and 5k. After I got breakfast/lunch at 1, I was supposed to do like a 35 minute tempo. It didn't happen.




I was super stressed out on my run. My head wasn't in the right place. I did a .5 mile warmup. And then just laid on the track and stared at the sky for awhile. I decided 8 minute pace would be good and drop down from there. I did 2 miles and then I called it quits. I was struggling and it was mental. I did a .5 mile cool down and figured 3 miles is better than nothing.

I also decided I would get serious about running this morning. I would start training and eating right today. And then I did half a workout and made cookies.

Sunday: Trail run
I have run longer than 8 miles in a month. 6 is the longest I've done since my knee started giving me issues. So I thought maybe 7 miles would be good for me to do. And I did it. The weather was perfect. I stopped once for water. But didn't need a crazy amount of stops like my previous runs. And my knee felt fine....until about 6.3 miles. So that's progress. And then it wasn't too, too bad.





Miles this week: 22
Runs this week 5

No comments:

Post a Comment