Saturday, August 5, 2017

What my Garmin says

My Garmin has some fancy features on it. Sometimes I use them.

I don't really wear my heart rate monitor very much. 

I wore it on Saturday's run. 

It said I was reaching too hard and not to do this kind of run too often. (It's a long run. Isn't that the point?) 








Today I concentrated on running efficiently. I tend to pick my feet up too much. Garmin says I have WAY too much vertical oscillation and my vertical ratio is crap. I did manage to get my ratio to 10.9% (from 12.2%) and my oscillation from 11.4 down to 11.1 centimeters. I used my hips more in running like this.

I think that goal is 7.5-8.6% for vertical ratio and 8.2-9.7 for oscillation. 




Also, at some point this week, Garmin updated my pace predictor. What!? I would LOVE to run those times. I hope Garmin is right, but I'm having trouble finding THE RACE (right temperature, day, not too hilly etc.) I found a relatively flat race, but it's too soon. Won't be ready for it. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment