Monday, July 31, 2017

Workouts this week: July 24-30

Monday: Weekly off day
Use it to clean my house. Well four hours of cleaning netted 1/4th of my house clean. So much more to do.....



Tuesday: Stationary bike

I had some pain after running Sunday and some pain walking around Monday, so I didn't run today. I did 60 minutes on the exercise bike. I put hulu on my laptop and did my arm workouts on the commercials.



Wednesday: Off (So lazy!)
The plan was to do a 6.5 mile trail run with the Athens Road Runners. The temperature was supposed to be 89 degrees. That plus my legs not being 100% I skipped. I did about 10 minutes of stretching at home and walked the dog. Oh well. I didn't want to do a tough hilly trail run in that heat.



Thursday: Morning run
To redeem myself for not running Wednesday, I got up at 5:30 a.m. to run before work. Is it weird if I like morning runs best? I don't think I minded going to bed at 9:30 p.m. And waking up at 5:30 wasn't THAT bad. (Was it?)


I was supposed to go to evening yoga. I went home and walked the dog instead. (So lazy this week!)



Friday: Yoga
I did go to yoga today. And we did headstands and handstands. Hooray!


Saturday: Trail 10k
Saturday is my usual run day, sometimes a long run. After not running much this week, I decided to run 6 miles. And It's the first time since July 1, I've run over 5. Ugh.


The run was fine until maybe mile 4 or so and then it fell apart. I felt awful. I had to walk four times in the last mile.

So I've lost some fitness—having not run longer distances in weeks. Also, it was 94% humidity.

I'll get my fitness back. The last mile felt like garbage.

I had a tiny bit of shin pain afterward, but still think I'm on the mend.

Sunday: Yoga
Last yoga class of the summer semester. We did a lot of cheat and arm openers. It was different. Still a good class. And I got to do a headstand.

Runs this week: 2
Miles this week: 10
2 yoga classes + exercise bike

No comments:

Post a Comment