Sunday, July 23, 2017

Workouts this week: July 17-23

Back to running

I was reading a running book, Run the World, and the author, an elite runner, takes two weeks running off every year. And that made me feel better about my running back. I needed it.

Monday: OFF
My official weekly off day.

Tuesday: Run



I was really hesitant to go back to running. Should I take another week? Would I make things worse? But I got up and ran before work. The plan was to run 1 mile. 1 mile was fine, so turned into 1.5 mile and that was fine, so I ran .5 mile back to my car.

IT WAS FINE. No pain


Also, went to yoga class after work. I did a headstand and fell out of it and startled the teacher. Oops. I was over confident and didn't set up for it. I was fine!

Wednesday: Exercise bike at home
Exercise bike and abs at home.

Thursday: Morning run



I upped my miles to three before work today. And it was fine! No pain. Hooray. I even made it to work on time.

PM: I had planned on going to yoga or an abs class at Ramsey, but I had to work late and Matt had an appointment. So instead, I worked late and then went home and did 20 easy minutes on the exercise bike, some abs, and 10 minutes of rolling.

Friday: Yoga
I went to yoga at Ramsey.

Saturday: 4.5 miles


I got up early and had the trails to myself. (The goal was to finish running before it got too hot and humid.)

After my run, I run into my boss. I ended up walking .5 mile as a cool down with her and her super cute dog.

No pain.

Sunday



After three runs with no pain I was feeling overconfident and went out to run 5 miles off trails.

At mile 3, my shin started feeling bruised. I ran anyway and my shins didn't feel great afterwards. I don't think I'm quite ready to run on consecutive days. Now I know.

Yoga
Went to Sunday night yoga class. This class was focused on the lower back.

Runs this week: 4
Miles this week: 14.8
2 yoga classes plus some exercise bike


No comments:

Post a Comment