Sunday, August 13, 2017

Workouts this week: Aug. 6-13

Monday: Morning run


I'm making a habit of early Monday runs. Ran 3 before work. Because we past the solstice, the days are now getting shorter. I had about 10 minutes less sun on this run than last week. I used a hat clip light for the first mile or so. It was a little dark and nice to have.

Tuesday: Speedwork
The workout today was 1600,1200,800,400. Down the ladder.

And I felt decent. It was a much better speed workout than last week. I feel like I'm close to back.

My times were:
1600 7:09, 1200: 5:27, 800: 3:34, 400: 1:28 (Also this track is a little long (pacing is 7:09, 7:05 pacing, 7:06 pacing 5:47 pacing)

And I've done this workout a few times now so I wanted to compare to previous efforts

June 20 (inside, in AC—not sure if this is comparable since today was gross. 94% humidity and it felt gross)
6:55, 5:06, 3:22, 1:26. Mile cool down. 3.5 miles

May 30
7:11, 5:18, 3:20, 1:22

It's interesting to see the times. I think I'm almost back to normal. I was really TIRED today from a rough day at work. I was shooting for 7:20 to 7:25 mile time and I ran the first mile too fast and got tired for the 1200 and 800. A solid effort. I'll be back to speedy in no time.

Wednesday: OFF
Took today off and walked the dog and took a nap.

Thursday 5 miles of trails

My legs were REALLY TIGHT so I wanted a slow run to loosen up my legs. I ran 5 miles of trails at recovery pace. Matt tagged along with me. I ran by college marching band practicing. Apparently, they're playing Bieber this year.

My legs were still tight after the run. Oh well.

Friday: swimming 


Did 30 minutes of swimming at the pool. I'm still bad. I still have no endurance. I tried.

Saturday: Long run


7 miles of trails today. I would have loved to run somewhere different but it's been really rainy lately so Cook's Trail and Sandy Creek would both be mud pits. So usual trails it is. I got a running partner for the last mile, which was nice. I thought she was a college student, but she said her name was Isabelle and that she was on the Clarke Central cross country team.

Also black light yoga. Should do a separate post on that one.

Sunday: Run + yoga


My goal was 20 miles this week. I'd run 19 miles so I had ONE mile to run today. I got up and ran at about 7:30 a.m.

This 7:23 was A LOT harder than it should have been. (Also my first road mile in a month. It was fine).


And I went to a bottle rocket yoga class. It was harder than I anticipated. The first 10 minutes were crazy and I was wondering when it was going to be over. Sweaty. Athletic. Learned a transition that I need to work on. Also did my wheel. It's next to the tree room. A giant tree is growing through the floor of this warehouse and miraculously still leafy and green.

Workouts this week: 5 runs, 1 swimming, two yoga classes
Days run: 5
Miles this week: 20
Miles this year: 600

No comments:

Post a Comment