Tuesday, June 27, 2017

#mymile Breaking 7 minute mile part 2

One of my mini goals was to break 7 minutes in running a mile. I did it last week on an indoor track. I'm not sure if that really counts so I headed over to the  outdoor track to have it officially recorded in Strava.

I went before work one day, when the weather was in the 60s.

Woke up and 5:30 a.m. and was out the door around 6:15 (after doing the pet chores).

Perks of getting up early: beautiful sky and track to myself.

I walked a lap, ran a lap and stretched. (I feel better on fresher legs). I did the run solo. I was the only person on the track.

The goal was 6:55. But the track I ran at is a little long, so I didn't even know what my splits should be. 51-53 seconds per 200, I think.

I put some music on and ran. I checked my watch at 100 meters. 7:05 pace. Fine. Then for the most  of the rest I ran about 6:40 pace. I honestly tried to NOT check my watch that much. I sped up for the end (6:00 pace towards my Garmin). It felt like under 7 but I hadn't been checking my watch.

6:41:87. Strava said 6:39. The track is a little long. It was 6:49 to finish the last lap.

Thanks Garmin!


SUPER HAPPY WITH THAT. I'd felt like I could break 7 minutes if I was just running one minute. And today was the day.

I walked a lap and headed home to shower and go to work. I wasn't too tired. Felt great.

(Now I want to see how much I can get my mile time down! Especially if I run with a group. That competition might help) 


No comments:

Post a Comment