Sunday, June 25, 2017

Workouts this week: June 19-25

Getting a ride home from a run. This was the weather all week.

The weather was bad all week, so the runs are a little unstructured. I was lucky to get miles in. I did get some speed work in, so hopefully I'm not too far off plan.

Monday: Off
I took Friday off and still made mileage, but I took Monday off too. I was tired, it was rainy. I couldn't lift weights because my arms were still sore from climbing. So I stayed home and did nothing. I wish I had accomplished more (but rest days are important).

Tuesday: Speed work inside
It was pouring today, so we did speed work at the track (separate post).

Wednesday: trail run
Went to my default trails for a run today.




Thursday: rainy run
Matt did a repeat of his #mymile today. I ran to the track to run with him. Only it was super rainy. I ran to the track, ran a mile and got a ride home.

Saw this giant chicken on my run. ?


Friday: weights + speed
I really didn't want to go to BodyPump today. But I figure weights are good for me. So I went. And Petey was our sub. (I think she is so hilarious! She likes to say DO IT AGAIN in her best jersey accent. Her commands almost sound like a drill sergeant but her tone is positive). And because she hasn't taught since 2016, she only do a 45 minute class. Which was FINE with me!! The class was good. Yay Petey. (She told me to try sweet potatoes with peanut butter. I did. Not the tastiest, but edible and probably great post workout.)

Then I did speed work. This was a bad idea. I had wanted to run 2 miles close to race pace, or as fast as I could. (I did 14:22 a few weeks ago). Today I had to WORK to get 2 miles in 14:56. 7:37 and 7:18. I was defaulting to 60 second laps, which made me work at the end.

And I'm not sure if was the abbreviated BodyPump or running after, but my quads weren't sore like they usually are after BodyPump.

Vent: There's a girl that comes to BodyPump. (I honestly wonder if she's one of those exercise addicted people that work out for hours like it's an eating disorder). She's tiny. She always 1) sets up in the back by the mirror and faces the window (not the instructor), 2) does 3x the weight the instructor says, and 3) does her own workout. If we're doing abs, she's got weight on her feet and is doing abs plus flutter kicks. She's always adding something to make it harder, or doing something completely different. It's distracting. At today's BodyPump, she came in five minutes late. And then asked why the class was only 45 minutes (the instructor said at the beginning of the class, she missed it). Then she complained to the instructor because she wanted a 60 minute class. !!

The weight room is downstairs. She should just do her own weight workout in the weight room because clearly she's doing her own thing. Don't be this girl. Do the workout (or try to), don't be distracting and don't complain (when you were late!) 

Saturday: Rainy run
The plan was to get up and run hills. It wasn't supposed to rain until 9 a.m. or so. Matt was going to run with the Athens Road Runners. His alarm went off at 5 something. Only he didn't get up. I got up around 6:30 a.m. and started getting ready to go. Only Matt wanted to come. We got to the IM Fields and it started pouring. It wasn't 8 a.m. so the forecast was off. We waited about 20 minutes in the car so it was only lightly raining and then went for a run. I tried to avoid the muddy parts of the trail. Most of the trail is gravel so not too bad. I had to go extra slow on the bridges to keep from falling.

I did 4 hill repeats. At as good of a pace as I could muster. Not 5k pace. It was a muddy trail. Then I did 1/2 of a repeat to make mileage. Two cool down miles and it was a very SLOW run. (A lesson in running slow).

Saw this turtle on my run. 


Sunday: Easy run + yoga
I skipped my long run this week. I wasn't feeling up to it. After last week's 9 miler my knee was feeling funny (not bad yet, but worrisome enough for me to cut back this week.) So I ran 5.5 miles on the road. I ran on streets near my house and turned back at 2.75. I was pretty close to mileage for the week, and didn't have more than 6 in me. This was an easy run. The first mile breezed by. Mile 3 wore we down a little and then it was easy and I even survived the stupid hill near my house that I hate.

I went to yoga that evening. Oddly, there was no one to check us to in to the class. And no music, since they never unlocked the cabinet. I didn't miss the music though. It was nice. The class was focused on hips. I learned a cool bind variation of pigeon pose. This was the class I needed.

And Garmin has this 100,000 step challenge. I ended up walking a mile around the indoor track to make 100,000 steps for the week.

Days running: 6 (no long run, all speed or middle distance)
Miles run: 27.55 (I dialed back from 30 miles on purpose).
Miles walked: 2

Things not seen on a run: crazy naked man that the police apprehended during my Wednesday run. saw the cop cars AND his clothes but thankfully not him.
I've had some interesting runs lately: wasps, raccoons, turtles, commercial shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment