Sunday, October 25, 2015

Circus Sunday



I had a fun Circus Sunday.

I took a 3 p.m. class at Leap. Today, I was just working on tricks for the show next Sunday. I've decided my two tricks are back end straddle and a seat roll.

Your show tricks are supposed to be tricks you feel confident in—that you can throw when your'e nervous. They're not necessarily you're best trick.

In a perfect world, I'd love to do my cutaway (but think that might take a few classes to get) and a straight jump, but I didn't work on those today. I worked on my seat roll, which I did earlier this summer.

I decided on that trick because it looks cool, isn't a particularly difficult trick and no one else in the show is doing that trick. (There are lots of similar backend tricks)

I went up and did my seat roll. Which I remember being an easy trick.

It's amazing how quickly your muscles forget how to do a trick.

I was slow to get up on the bar. I remember it being a slow trick. But it's not. I feel like I don't even have enough time and this is the slow version of the trick.

The trick is to go up into a pike, knees over the bar, sit, toes out to straighten and lengthen, lay back on the bar and hands.

I was slow every time, but I could save it by the time it's time to release hands for catch. I just need to calm down and realize I have enough time for this trick.

I also worked on my backend straddle. Only I didn't warm up my swing, so I had to muscle into the straddle, which affects the timing.

We practiced my swing once and I still need to work on my extend.

For catching, I caught my seat roll on the third catch.

I missed the first one because of a timing issue. (We had a guest from Club Med pulling lines.) The second one, I opened too narrow and got it on my third try. It was a little sloppy and I need to straighten out my body next time. I have a Wednesday and Saturday class before the show so hopefully I can get it.

Bloopers from today
1) I'm still a belt hold. They didn't do a belt hold one time and that felt weird. I'm not there yet.
2) Calling my own timing. What? They asked me to call my own ready once. I need you to just tell me what to do.

Battle wounds
It was the class of battle wounds. On my first time up doing the seat roll, I tore my tank top and got a red bruise on my upper abs. (I think my safety belt collided with the bar).



My foot hit the bar and got a bruise on the inside of my right ankle

I opened my hands too narrow for a catch, and was caught one handed. It stung. I fell. There's a bruise on my hand.

And I came home with bruises on the fronts and back of my knees and generally felt pretty beat up the next day.

CANOPY SHOW
After the class, I went to the show at Canopy. A few friends were in it. It was awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment