Saturday, July 19, 2014

Lazy week



I've spent the week nursing my ankle. I only went to the gym three times, which left me teeming with excess energy. I could definitely see the appeal of not being a gym rat and staying home and doing nothing, but I won't do that.

This week I did a lot of toe raises and exercise bike. I iced a lot too. Any day now the ankle should be better.

I was also in athletic shoes all week.

1) I forgot how comfortable athletic shoes are. Wearing my Asics to the grocery store is awesome. Why aren't all shoes that comfortable?

2) I'm used to living in flip flops in the summer. I have to plan outfits around my shoes. It's hard to pull off shorts and shoes—unless they're athletic shorts of you're going for the American tourist look. It's been a challenge. I've been wearing black pumas to work and trying to pass them off as dress shoes. And when I go out, sometimes wearing athletic shoes can look kind of punk.

I might have to start wearing athletic shoes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment