Sunday, December 31, 2017

Workouts this week: Last of 2017

This week was my off/easy week. It was too cold to run most days and my gym is closed, so I decided that a recovery week was what my body needed. I did run when it was over 50 degrees, but I didn't do any speed work. One week and two missed runs won't hurt (I hope.)

Monday: Christmas, off



Tuesday: 4 easy miles
Did some trails before heading over to see relatives.

Wednesday: Exercise bike
60 minutes on the exercise bike + abs and a small amount of arms.

Thursday: Off

Friday: Long run.
It was a balmy 50 degrees so I did my long run at Cook's Trail.

I wore full length tights, a long sleeve and a neck warmer. I did NOT get too hot. I thought the long sleeves were a bit too hot for about 10 seconds (mostly in the elbow) but then the wind picked up and I wished I was wearing gloves.

I was so rested the first four miles were speedy and felt great. On mile 6 I zoned out and tried to sprain my ankle (it was fine). I finished the run, but dragged a little that last mile.






Saturday: medium run
I did six miles today. Same temperature and clothes as the day before. I did wear crops and that was fine. It was a few degrees warmer. Still too cold for my liking. I did loops of the fields again today. It was super windy.

Sunday: Off
Another lazy day. Did some abs in the morning. 20 minutes of exercise bike in the evening.

Miles this week: 19.5
Runs this week: 3
Workouts: 3 runs + 2 exercise bikes

And that's all of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment