Thursday, February 15, 2018

Taper week


It's taper week before my first half marathon. And I'm absolutely loving not running. I have free time in the evenings. My legs are happy. They're not super tight. I'm not tired.

The is the kind of lull that makes me think about not running.

What if get back into flying trapeze or take swim lessons?

What if I just quit? Being a runner defined me last year. I think I could walk away.

I think I'm not where I want to be running. I want to be so much faster than I am.

I don't go to group runs. I constantly think about quitting while I am running.

I do need an outlet though. And I'd gain weight if I didn't exercise. It also calms me down. I can get a tad crazy when I just cut my mileage.

I run because if I stop running, I'll lose my speed and endurance.

I have good runs and bad runs. Usually right when I'm about to walk away, I have a great run. One of those-happy-to-be-alive, happy to be so strong moments.

I WANT to be faster. But I finish flying trapeze classes. I miss free time. I'd been running 5 days a week. I think I might be happier running 4 days a week. I feel like I haven't had time for anything recently. I don't have enough time for yoga or cleaning the house. I've need a haircut for three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment