Sunday, December 17, 2017

Workouts this week: Dec. 11-17




This was my week of not wanting to  run. Work was the busiest it’s been in awhile. Add in eating a ton of holiday sweets, and I’m just not in the mood to run. That and all my miles were indoor :(

I’m tired and didn’t want to run this week.

Monday: off

Tuesday: Easy 4 miles at the track. (Didn’t want to run.)

Wednesday: Attempt at Tuesday speed work. Not great, but I did the work.

Thursday: off. My busy day.

Friday. Again, I didn’t want to run. So I ran 3 miles. Not much, but better than nothing.

Maybe it’s time to take a week off training or at least taper some.

Saturday: Long run, 9.3 miles around an 1/8 th of a mile track in 1 hours and 20 minutes.
This run was awesome. I felt great. I ran all my miles under 9 minutes and it was EASY. I felt so strong afterwards. 8:38 pace (without looking at my watch)

Sunday: run + yoga

I decided to do a small progression run today. The plan was a mile at 7:30, a mile at 7:20 and a mile at 7:20. No breaks. (I didn’t quite want to continue my Sunday 7:30 pace ritual.)

First mile I was running too fast. I ran 7 laps in 6:20 and then slowed way down to be close to 7:30 pace. (7:31) instead of like 7:16 pace.

Second mile I hit 7:18

And the third mile I just decided to go for it. 6:59.

I was pushing this workout. It was a little hard in miles 2 and 3. But it felt great. I felt strong. I don’t think I pushed too much. (I love it when sub 7 miles come more easily.)

Then a yoga class at Athens Running Company at 5:30 p.m.

(And I hurt my hip. I blame last Sunday's yoga class and holding pigeon too long. Boo)

Workouts this week: 5 runs, 1 yoga class
Miles this week: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment