Friday, September 25, 2015

Lunchbreak 5k


After two weeks of running a lot of trails, I headed back to the indoor track today. It was my lunch break. The goal was just to get some miles in.

I ran that first lap at 46 seconds, which was smoking. I felt fast. After taking Thursday off, I felt great.
I wanted to know how fast I could run a mile: 7:26. I was competing with a walking class and dodging people so that's not bad!

I went on to run 3 miles in 24:14. I let out a whoop when I was done. I shaved off 20 seconds from my previous fastest time. (And that was better than my fastest cross country time sophomore year.)

How awesome is that?

I feel like all those trails are really paying off. Trails are hard and I don't feel like I've run that many hills, but just been getting more mileage in and that bit of hills in the trails, my times are dropping.

Granted,  running trails really hard on my body. My back's been really achey. Everything hurts. I think I need to to go to the indoor track once a week or so because it's not as hard on my joints or lungs as outside. But it was awesome to knock that workout on my lunch break. It freed up my evening, so the husband and I went to get cheap Mexican. After smoking that workout, I totally deserved fish tacos :)

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment