Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January workout highlights

Workouts: Month in review



13 runs for 61 miles
4 yoga classes
3 BodyPump class
3 pilates classes
2 gymnastics classes
2 home workouts
6 off days 

January highlights

The month started off a little slow with me in holiday mode—but with some double workouts in, I'm definitely back to gym rat status. I'm doing the same classes that I like. I haven't tried any new classes, but a few highlights for the month.

• Signing up for races Will race in 2017. At least twice as much as 2016 ;) 
I know I'm doing 6.6 miles in the Chick-Fil-A half in April and a trail race March 19 I have a bunch of others I'm thinking about including a 10k in February. 

• Completing the Lululemon Strava challenge for a free Swiftly shirtsleeve (and guacamole!)

• Increasing my weight in Bodypump. Woot! 

• Increasing my distance! I have been gradually increasing the distance I run. This time last year I was running 3-4 miles. I don't see a run over 4 miles until July. I've increased from 4 to 5 and change. I finally got to 6 miles this month and can do a 10k. Which is awesome.

(Running longer distances = blood blisters on my feet. I'm between shoes. Retiring old and breaking in new) 
Blood blisters
Just leave them if they're under a callus. They're fine.
• Finally running at Sandy Creek Park. I should make a list of area trails to try.

• Also, I was pretty good with meal prep. Definitely makes a difference!

Goals for next month: 
1) Mileage up to 7 miles
2)  Run better at Sandy Creek (less walking! less falling) 
3) Try a new trail if the weather (maybe make a list of trails in the area to try. Can you tell I love lists?)
4) Stay healthy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment