Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Year midpoint goal check

Half of 2015 has flown by. How is this possible?

But what a great time to look at my fitness goals from January and see where I am.

1) Get my left split.  Done.

Doing a split at Pure Barre. 
2) Front tuck on the floor (with a spring board is acceptable).  Haven't tried. I can't figure out run, run punch. 

3) Climb once a month. I got certified to climb in February and have climbed twice and mean to go this weekend (before even looking at this post.) I miss climbing.

4) Keep trying new classes (once a month if I can find something new).
Have tried trapeze, a new barre class, a different Pure Barre, a SPARC class, fitness class at Rush, ninja course at Rush and took up running. I'd say good progress is made on this.

Taking a class at SPARC.

5) Take a class at Leap Flying Trapeze school.  Done. Obsessed.



6) Try the 6 a.m. Pure Barre class. Have yet to do.

7) The the vertical pole class at Canopy. My goal to do this summer maybe this month. 

8) Hold a handstand for at least 5 or 10 second. I'm still working on my handstands but think I've gotten a five second hold a few times.

Handstand on the beach.


9) Buy something from Lululemon. (Maybe a cute top for my birthday). I have 20 or so pieces and am a total Lululemon addict. I've spent my lulu budget for the month and aren't allowed to buy anything else.




10) Keep working on 6-pack abs. (One day!). My abs are looking good from Pure Barre. Not six-lack, but it's a something pack when I suck in ;) 

So, four of these goals I can check off as done, with two in progress and four to work on. I'd count this as progress.

Maybe I should even add a few goals. (Not necessarily by the end of the year.) 

1) Bump up running to twice a week.
2) Run a 5k. Before next summer.
3) Run a 5k in under 25 minutes.
4) Get a fitness tracker.
5) Touch my feet to my head. (Handstand scorpion).

Working on my scorpion. I can hold my
 own weight for about two seconds! Will get this trick. 



6) Do body composition testing.
7) Make a fitness plan for the fall.
8) In 2016, find some relay races to run in like the Chick Fil-A Half or the All Comers Track meet.
9) Take a class at Blast.
10) Try a pilates class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment