Monday, July 27, 2015

Handstand practice


Missed my workout at the gym today, so I had to improvise.

25 minutes on the exercise bike—with weights
Assisted pull-ups
Russian twists, crunches, scissor switches and flutter kicks
Handstands

Handstands turned into a selfie party. It started because I wanted to see my form, but then I kept playing. I ended up using a shoe as a camera holder and setting the iPhone timer for 10 seconds. I got some awful shots (below).



The top one is a shameless but I like it. My arms look a little too open (see how my forearms aren't in line with my arms. Weird). L handstands are a good strength exercise.

L handstands
• Sit on the floor, with your back against the wall. With your legs straight, see where your feet are. That's where you want to put your hands.
• Stand up and turn around and put your back towards the wall. Put your hands down in that spot you just measured and walk your feet up the wall.
• You want your body at 90 degrees. You want your legs to be a straight line. You want your back to be a straight line, with the bend at your waist (opposite of sitting down on the floor when you were figuring our where you hands go.)
• Try and hold it.
• It gets easier with practice, but it's killer on my arms.

 #stronggirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment