Sunday, August 5, 2018

Workouts this week July 30-Aug. 5


This was a week of bad workouts. I'm just tired. Life stress and running and being busy. It wasn't my best. But I tried?

Monday: OFF
Monday is my usual day off. I was tired. I don't think I even did any yoga.

Tuesday
I was still feeling tired. In my bones. So I took another day off. I decided it would be my scale back week.

Wednesday
It looked like it would storm for morning track so I slept in. So of course it didn't rain. I attempted to do the workout after work. It didn't go well.

The workout was a mile at race pace. I couldn't do a mile.

My legs felt really stiff in my warmup mile. (I thought they'd feel fresh after two days off.) I was supposed to start with the mile, but it felt bad so I made it an 800. (3:07, 3:12). Then I tried the mile again, and it felt bad so I stopped after 1200 meters (5:10, 6:53 pace). Then I did 5 400s and 2 200s and mile cool down. 1:38, 1:35, 1:30, 1:27, 1:32, 41, 45

 I don’t know why this went so badly.Was it mental? My legs were stiff. Eating bad?

Pre speed work lunch. Healthy.


Thursday
6 miles at the indoor track. (No thanks to heat and humidity).

Friday
I usually take Friday off. I had extra energy from taking a day off running so I went on a bike ride.


Lunch Friday. Salad. Vegan cheese pizza. 


Saturday: Speed work
I did some speed work at the track this morning. The workout plan said 1 mile pace and then 5 800s. I did a 1.5 mile warmup and cool down.
Mile: 6:30. Strava said 6:20 so it gave me a Strava record. That was hard. But about what I wanted to do.
And then I did 4 800s, not 5. I was struggling.
• 3:16
• 3:22
• 3:24
• 3:21
Not quite my mile pace, but faster than my 5k pace.

Sweat Angel. Da Vinci style. 


20 minutes recovery yoga that evening.


Sunday: Long run
After a few weeks of NOT running 11 miles as my long run, I decided I had to do 11 miles today. I'm not sure I picked the right day. I decided to do the group 10 mile run every other week. And this week was the week. So I did 1 mile before the usual 10 mile run. And then most of the group took off at 8:11 pace or faster than my long run pace. I think I walked a few steps twice in the fourth mile. I wore my hydration pack and didn't want to rest at water stops, but I did. I needed the time in the AC to recover. The dew point was 74. It was 74 with 100% humidity, completely soupy and miserable. I was dying. Especially up hills. It was such a struggle. I couldn't breathe. I felt super out of shape. (And decided I'm definitely not doing AthHalf. I don't like the hills. And I don't like the distance.)



The usual 10-mile group only did 6 miles today. Only 4 of us did the 10 mile route. And after the first water stop, they took off on the 6-mile route and I slowed way down to the 9 minute miles I should be running. And then Mike mercifully decided to run with me, since I don't know the route. He took some detours to make the course flatter since I am just not used to the route's hills. I walked a few more times. (And Mike had raced the day before, so I'm thinking he needed an easy day). Mike tried to play cheerleader, which I appreciated. And I don't think I walked any that last mile.

(Looking back I wasn't actually that slow, miles 9 and 10 were slow, but nothing too worry about. They sure felt bad.)

Big ol owl. Overseen on my run.

This run was rough. And I wasn't as wiped as my last Rogue run, But was super dehydrated. I brought my hydration pack. Which was a good idea. I ended up drinking 20 ounces during the run. And afterwards got a lot of water and even drank half a bottle of gatorade. I ended up getting a coconut water smoothie from Smoothie King. I was still thirsty all day.

I stretched. I foam rolled. I did 30 minutes of yoga. I have no attention span. After 15 minutes I was so done with yoga.

Week in review:
4 runs, 28 miles
2 yoga sessions
1 bike ride

I took an extra day off and I'm not sure it helped with my fatigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment