Sunday, August 19, 2018

Workouts this week: Aug. 13-19

Monday: Easy miles
Took to the trails and slowed it way down to 10 minute miles. When I don't look at my watch, I feel strong. And then I look at my watch and see how slow I'm going. Oh well. Not everything is a race.

Tuesday: Off
After last week's bad speed workout, I wanted to see if the problem was running on tired legs. So I'm taking the day before speed work off.

Wednesday speedwork



Mile, 4x400, 4x200, + mile cool down

This week felt so much better than last week. It wasn't a struggle. That said, my mile wasn't my speediest. Ran it too easy (Still working on pacing. That's what practice is for). Happy with my 400s and 200s are just fun. Wish I could have my 200 speed for longer. 6:51, 1:32, 1:30, 1:30, 1:28, 40, 40, 40, 39

PM: Doctor
I went to my asthma doctor to get a new prescription for my exercise induced asthma. I have asthma, have always had it. It reached it's worst in high school on the track. And I know the doctor would prescribe me Qvar, which I haven't been taking because I've been fine until the last few weeks. I got a new prescription for Qvar, which I'm supposed to take morning and night daily. We'll see if that helps.

Thursday: 6 miles
Another slow, easy trail run.

Friday: Off

Saturday: 5k fail
I ran a 5k for my speedwork. I hadn't planned on it being a goal race, but it went worse than I anticipated. I figured I could run under 23 without too much effort.

Mile 1: 7:29. I spent the first half mile trying to get my music to turn on. I had it preset before the race, But when I hit play, it wouldn't play. I wasted time here.
Mile 2: 7:36. I guess I slowed down.
Mile 3: I wanted to walk. I wanted to barf. I felt awful. 8:13
I slowed way down and finished in 23:23 for third place woman. It's about a minute slower than I thought I'd do. But everyone was struggling with the humidity. I have no mental toughness.

I felt fine a minute or two after the race.

Tuna salad from the Last Resort. 


Sunday: 13 miler
I'm almost used to the hills on the Rogue route.

My watch stopped.




Miles this week: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment