Sunday, March 19, 2017

Workouts this week: March 12

How is it the middle of March already? Wow.

March 12: Off
Took Sunday off after a week of workouts

March 13: Bodypump + mile 

Did a 60 minute BodyPump class. So hard. Always. I kept the same weight and didn't try to increase. How does the teacher do three time my weight and not be out of breath?

Afterwards, I ran a mile in 7:51 on the indoor track and then an 800 in 3:53. Just trying to get more miles in. And test out my ankle. It hurt all day Saturday. Sunday it was fine (because I was lazy) and it flared up again Monday. I wore boots to work and the small heel hurt. I went home and got a compression sleeve and black tennis shoes. And I iced it and kept it elevated the rest of the day.

Did I sprain it? It's not bruised or swollen but it still hurts. Maybe it's an out for my race Sunday when it's supposed to be freezing.

March 14: Indoor run
Today was supposed to be my long run but it was freezing. The plan was to go outside and run and see if I could run in the cold. I got dressed in warm running clothes and went outside. It was 46 degrees and the wind was blowing. I took the dog out and decided it was too cold to run. So I changed and ran at the indoor track. Running is supposed to be fun. Not miserable. I don't run in the cold. I'm not trying to prove how tough I am. Not worth it for me.

I'm not sure quite what the plan was. I would have liked to get 6 miles in, but I was tired. I ran five miles—40 laps, which is the longest I've ever run indoors. It gets so repetitive. I used to HATE running the 3200m in high school because eight laps was so boring. I just ran 40. I couldn't bring myself to run another mile. I felt okay afterwards at home so maybe that was the right call.

March 15: gymnastics
There was a lot of standing around at gymnastics tonight. I was playing on the bars and the other people were just taking too long. Or I was being impatient.

March 16: speed work 
The training plan called for 10x400s so that's what I ran. I ran them consistently at 1:51s. Which is fast for my 5k pace. I could run 1:30s no problem when I was in high school. ::cries:: And I felt like I should get more miles in so I ran an 800 for a total for 3 miles.

Speed work takes so much time. I could run three miles faster without all of those breaks. I walked 100 meters between the 400s. And I think I've run a mile faster before.

March 17: yoga
I've missed yoga. First yoga class in almost three weeks. I've missed yoga! I didn't realize it had been that long, but there were no Fridays without yoga classes (no classes due to spring break). So that explains why it felt harder than normal. I really was rusty.

It was a busy day. I left the house at 7:30 a.m. Had lunch with a friend, yoga after work, dinner with friends. I was home at 9:30 p.m. That's too long of a day for me. (It's okay every once in a while and I should do more things with friends. Just tired afterwards. How do normal people do it.)

Fish from La Dolce Vita

March 18: long run
I've been tired all week. I was exhausted yesterday. I wanted to sleep in today but the cat wouldn't let me. And I went to a trapeze class at noon. I went to do my long run around 5:30 p.m. I should always do my long run after a day off. Not at the end of the week when I'm exhausted. The back of my thighs were sore during my warmup. And I think I hurt my hip at trapeze. Today's run felt awful. I was so tired. I just didn't feel strong. I ran 8:50s, which is slow. The plan was to run 8 miles. I honestly should have stopped at 2 but did 6.5. I had to stop and walk a few times (which sucks). I think I'm overtraining. I need more days off. (I've been saying this a lot lately!)

Post run handstand



No comments:

Post a Comment