Sunday, February 5, 2017

Workouts this week: Week of Jan. 29

Sunday: Bodypump + Yoga



Dose of weight lifting followed by an hour of yoga.

In yoga, I did the easy option of everything. Went straight to downward dog or child's pose.

A girl complimented me on my arms after BodyPump. It totally made my day. I do like my somewhat beastly arms. They're muscular (without looking like I take steroids). I think I look strong. And I've been working on them for four years. :)

Monday: Off
Scheduled off day. Went home and relaxed.




Tuesday: Trail Run
Tried a new trail. Didn't die. Have some nice bruises to show for it. More about it here.




Wednesday: Rest
I was tired. I listened to my body and went home and slept for two hours. And had no trouble falling asleep that night. I needed the rest.

Thursday: 4 mile trail run
Ran at the IM Fields today. It's always hard to get over there after work before the sun goes down. Traffic is brutal. I tried a different route to drive over there and it might have been slower. (I think I could run over there faster).




I ran 4 miles. The goal was just 2 since I was so tired after Tuesday, but my legs always feel better after mile 2. So I did 4.

My goal was to do a saved Strava segment, but even though I did the segment, I didn't get credit for it. My GPS threw a weird signal and shows me starting in the middle of the lake (when I made sure to stand in the exact spot the segment started. I had it open.) That was kind of annoying

Friday: Lunch pilates



Third Friday gymnastics meet in a row. So that means I can't go to yoga. (Miss you YOGA). So I go to lunch pilates.

I prefer yoga. But today the class was in a new building on campus—that I hadn't been in before. Was pretty cool. So nice to get out to another part of campus.

Saturday: Speed work at the indoor track
Did 8x800s at the indoor track. They were nice and consistent.
3:40, 3:37, 3:42, 3:40, 3:41, 3:45, 3:44, 3:33. I can run all day if I can take breaks. Why can't my 5k time be that fast?

 I rewarded myself with chicken and waffles afterwards. (I couldn't finish. It was too much)



No comments:

Post a Comment