Saturday, February 11, 2017

Workouts this week: Feb. 5

From Monday's sunset trail run

I've been working out six days a week for a while now. I think I really want to scale back to five days a week. I'd like more time for myself. To be home. To do laundry. Clean out my car. I just need more time.

I've been really tired this week. I don't know if I'm doing too much, coming down with an illness or just not getting enough sleep. I think that's one of the reasons I want to cut back on working out.

Sunday: BodyPump + Yoga
My quads were sore today so I went easy with leg weights (lunges) but tried increasing my arm weight. I tried increasing for biceps at the end and DIED.

This was also SuperBowl Sunday and our state's team was in the Super Bowl so yoga attendance was down. And MY FAVORITE YOGA TEACHER was subbing. That was awesome. She taught vinyasa and I probably challenged myself a little more than I do with the other teacher.

Monday: 4 mile run
Run at the IM Fields. Tried the Strava route again. Maybe I'm going the wrong direction on the route. I will try it ONE MORE TIME. My legs were sore. This run was a tiny bit slower than the other day, but I probably shouldn't worry about 7 seconds a mile.

Tuesday: Yoga
I felt like more yoga today. We used blocks a lot. It was a good class and I needed it.

Wednesday: Gymnastics
I was tired but went to gymnastics anyway. I did some pullovers and back hip circles on the bars, which was fun.

Thursday: Off
Off. I was supposed to run. But I needed a day off. It was too cold to run outside (and super windy) and I didn't really want to go to the indoor track. I also had some work to deal with from 5-6:30. So if I only run twice this week, oh well. I usually do this once or month or so.

Friday: Yoga
Yoga. Very easy yoga class. I forgot to turn the workout on my Apple Watch. Oh well. I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. That's how tired I was. I woke up at 6:45 a.m. and felt a lot better.

Saturday: Sandy Creek Run
I went back to the epic 6.5 mile trail around Lake Chapman at Sandy Creek park. It was just as bad as I remember and I don't think I walked any less than last time. I didn't fall though, so that's good. My times were dead on with last time. I paused my watch midway to catch my breath, but it didn't pause so Boo. My times were weird. Strava said I was faster on the route, by a minute. But it also said my pace was 24 seconds a mile slower. I'm confused.

There are at least three creeks to cross in the first three miles. I got mud on my shoes, which I am every unhappy about. I walked a lot. I took Matt and he tweaked his ankles some. I'm hoping they don't bruise tomorrow. He says the course is tougher than we are and doesn't want to go back. (I really do want to go back! I need to get my times down.)

**Update: On Monday, Matt texted me that we should definitely try the course again. Because we have to do better. Also, I'm not nearly as beat up as I was last time. I died on the route and for about a week after. I had a great run two days later, so maybe I'm tougher for doing the run? Or I needed a light week?

No comments:

Post a Comment