Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pure Barre Socks—best socks ever




The first time I went to Pure Barre I was pretty turned off by the socks. Ugh! I prefer to work out barefoot. It was also summer.

Now it's winter and I hate being cold. I'm starting to see the appeal of working out in socks.

I bought a pair of Pure Barre socks. It was kind of the lemming effect. Everyone in the class wears them and I didn't want to stick out. AND they were black and pink. My favorite color combination. So I spent $12.84 and worked out in Pure Barre socks.

They are pretty much the best socks ever. They are soft and warm. And if I work out in the morning I wear them all day. I quickly bought a second pair (in black and turquoise.) And then I wondered how many socks should I have to do Pure Barre?  Do people that go 5 times a week have 5 pairs so they only have to wash them once a week? I have some other grippy socks for other classes and I've been thinking about getting a few more pairs. I'd like the black in green, black and purple or black and white.

But I haven't been the only one mildly addicted. The stock of socks have been really low. A few days ago, there was just bright blue and yellow left. Last night when I went there were no socks left at all. The performance socks, which are $15, had been replenished, but I haven't actually asked what the difference in those socks are.

I do tend to slip on the socks when holding plank, so if they're stickier I might consider.

And apparently the socks are really a thing. You can tell the older members because they have colors not available anymore. Also, apparently when you finish 100 classes you get socks with red grips. You have to earn the red socks.

Also, the socks are so thick they take extra time to dry. Seriously, I had them in a load of laundry and everything was dry but my socks. I had to take all the laundry out of the dryer and just stick the socks in so they'd be dry enough in time for class.

The other downside: toe lint. These socks are so fluffy there's always lint on my toes afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. This current ladies' yoga sock has a custom butterfly molded silicone at the base to give grasp at key contact focuses on your foot. custom yoga socks

    ReplyDelete