Thursday, June 26, 2014

Just a flesh wound


Tonight at tumbling I bled all over one of the rainbow tumbling mats. It was awesome.

I was working on a bridge kick-over on the rainbow mats. They're pretty primary colors.

The instructor walks over to me. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Her eyes get wide and her voice is a little more emphatic than her normal super excited tone.

"Are you bleeding!?" she asks me.

I blink. I don't think I'm bleeding. I'm certainly not hurt. I'm fine.

And then I wonder if I am bleeding. OMG. What did I do?

There is indeed blood on the yellow part of the rainbow mat.

"Am I bleeding?" I ask. 

She inspects me.

Do I have a compound fracture? Is there bone sticking out somewhere? What is wrong with me?

"I think it's a mole," she finally decides. "At first I thought it was a bug bite, but it's a mole. Maybe it got rubbed on one of the mats."

"I can't see it," I apologize. Really not knowing what's going on with my back.

I think of what could have caused it. Maybe when I was working on gymnastics presses and tumbled back on to one of the mats. Really, I don't feel hurt. 

And before I know it, I've turned around and the coach has applied a band-aid to my back. Like I was a good obedient, kindergartner. Except, I'm a 31-year-old woman. But it works for me, because it would be super difficult to bandage a spot I can't even see.

Tumbling class continued mostly without incident, though one guy did accidentally kick the instructor when we was working on a back tuck. Oops Job hazard. (I think I kicked the other instructor a few weeks ago. Sorry H)

The bandage fell off when I was working on my front tuck. Thankfully, it stuck to the bottom of my foot. 

Next time I will wear a shirt that covers that pesky mole. No more skinny racer-backs for me. Or I will bring a T-shirt. And show less of my massive muscles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment