Saturday, June 28, 2014

Acro-yoga

Me getting out of crown pose. 
Until a few weeks ago, I didn't know there was such a thing as acro yoga. Then a few new people came to my tumbling class and they were all very impressive: doing back rolls on the first try, rolling up to a handstand even, getting the back kick overs, front walk overs. They were all strong and flexible and I was curious where they worked out that they could effortlessly do these gymnastics exercises the first time. After class, we were stretching and they started doing tricks. I couldn't look away. This tiny girl was balancing on a guy's feet. A very strong greying women, took one of the instructors up on here feet and showed her a trick. Then they invited everyone to acro yoga Sunday at their studio.

I felt like I needed to know more. I wanted to go. I LOVE learning new tricks. But I could potentially be horrible at this, so I needed to bring a friend. But I couldn't find anyone that Sunday—and it was a holiday. So I filed it away under things to eventually try.

Well, two girls from acro yoga came to Aerofit today. So I had to try a move. So I sat on Julie's feet.  It was both easy and slightly terrifying. I just wanted to get down. And try a harder move all at once.

I'm supposed to go to acro yoga with two friends from Aerofit Sunday night at Rubber Soul yoga studio. We'll see how it goes. 

(*Also, Julie is such a good teacher. Love her. She's almost talked me in to trying Leap Flying Trapeze where she works. Now, I just need to save up the money for the $45 class.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment