Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Week off running



After my half marathon, I took the week off running. I'm not sure I've taken a week off this year. I've been training pretty hard, so week off it is. I didn't run. I ate junk. It was awesome.

I thought I'd miss running or get antsy without running or moving, but I didn't. (Should I have done some yoga or cycling? Probably. But I was too tired.)



Sunday: Off. I spend most of Sunday traveling. Saw a waterfall. Took a ferry to Victoria Island. (Ate french fries)

Flight back to Atlanta
Bland tacos. Worst tortilla chips ever. LAX.

So tired.

Monday: Off: All day in airports. (LAX does not have good food or enough chairs. Ate a Chick Fil-A sandwich at 10 p.m.)

Tuesday: Back at work. Fell asleep as soon as I got home. (Brought home tacos for dinner to make up for the AWFUL LAX tacos)

Wednesday: Was supposed to lead a trail run. It started lightning. I didn't even get the water out of my car. (Ate Oreos)



Thursday: Off. Went to an event to rep Athens Road Runners. (Ate cookies). (Lunch had fried chicken tacos. Sooo good.)

Friday: Off. Went to a Ladies Night at the local running store. Bought two shirts and some pink socks. (Had Chick fil-A with waffle fries and Chick-fil-A sauce as my cheat. Also ate a donut. And two ghost cookies.)

Saturday: I decided my legs were probably getting really stiff, so I ran one mile to end my week off running.
My legs felt 100% fine on my short run. But afterwards, they felt like crap. Whatever lactic acid etc had been building up in my legs was awful. I soaked my legs in epsom salt twice. I rolled. I got on the exercise bike. I rolled and stretched some more. I also napped a lot. I had big plans for Saturday, but my body wanted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment