Monday, October 1, 2018

Chick fil-A meal kit review

Too much damn work. Just buy grilled nuggets and the broccoli salad.




I liked the idea of a Chick fil-A meal kit so I picked one up the other night. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I got a giant box with two raw chicken breasts, kale, broccolini, fingerling potatoes, and a cherry and nut mix as well as some dressing for the kale. And the whole thing just took way too long to prepare. (Maybe don't make this when it's 8 p.m. and you've already worked 9 hours and ran 5 miles and haven't eaten in 8 hours.)

I preheated the oven and made the potatoes (which weren't sliced). And then you're supposed to make the chicken on the stovetop. And after you make the chicken, chop the broccolini (why doesn't it come chopped!?), and sautee it and the kale.

The box says it takes about 30 minutes and indeed it does.

It would be so much easier if the chicken was cooked, if the vegetables were chopped. But in the end, it took too long to prepare. For $15, I'd rather have two grilled chicken sandwiches or grilled nuggets and the broccoli salad.

Publix and Aldi meal kits are so much better. Aldi meal kits are $10. The vegetables come pre chopped and it's usually something you can bake in one pan in the oven. Easy peasy. Publix has the steam in bag meals—again one pan and done.

This meal kit wasn't at all worth it and I WOULD NOT buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment