Sunday, November 12, 2017

Workouts this week: Nov. 6-12

Monday: Off

Tuesday: track workout in the dark
The time change made our track workout very dark. There were some football lights on during my warmup, but then they turned off. I’d left my headlamp in the car because I thought the track had light. Haha.  I could see a few feet in front of me, but not much.

It was also rainy and the track was wet and by the end of the workout my feet felt like water balloons--wet and squishy.

I did a mile warmup. Then it was on to the workout. 5x800s.

3:31, 3:28, 3:26, 3:23, 3:07. Then a mile cool down.

I tried to run with Sally for the last one. I held on to her for 400. I tried. It was a valiant effort. Also does it mean that I started out too slow if I ran the last one in 3:07?

Lots of people came. We had some of our usual group, plus two new ladies.  And then a big group came late. There was some kids. A guy running 2:40 800s. A mom. I’m happy when more people come.

Next week I’ll bring my headlamp.

Wednesday: Medium run
I had planned on running outside. After going outside, I decided it was too cold and that I’d run inside. So I ran 48 laps at Ramsey. I’ll take boring over cold.

I ran 6 miles at an easy pace.

Thursday and Friday: Off
On Thursday I drove to Florida after work and didn’t have time for a run. Friday was vacation things and I didn’t run. I did run after a 2-year-old, which should count for something.

Saturday: race
I ran a 5k while in Florida and did a separate race recap. I’m happy with how I did.

Sunday: Long run





I really wanted to go back to the trail I ran in Florida this summer. This time after a little searching, I found the trailhead and place to park. (Yay). I did 8 miles. I ran 4 out and 4 back.
It’s only wide enough for one person. It’s mostly trail, though it’s sandy in some parts. I ran the first two miles, and then I came to the road where I had started this summer. This second section of trail has a lot more turns and intersections (where you can get turned around) than the first section. But I knew I could get lost this time, so I was more aware. AND I DIDN’T GET LOST. YAY!

I also had an awesome run. My legs were faster than my usual easy run: 8:40 pace on a flat trail. I felt great, like I could run forever. (Which is crazy for the day after a race). One of the best runs this fall.

Where to go for this run: Longleaf Pine Trailhead near Santa Rosa Beach. It's near 30a.
Address is 399 Satinwood Dr. Santa Rosa Beach Florida

You should be able to find it in your GPS. $2 for parking. And yes it looks sketchy when you first pull up.

Runs this week: 4
Miles this week: 23
States run in: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment