Saturday, August 20, 2016

5k Bound

Next Saturday I run my first 5k. SINCE 2001.

That's 15.5 years since I've run a race.

But it's time. I can run 3.1 miles no problem.

I can't run it as fast as I want. I ran this morning. And it was an awful run. I kept having to walk. I know I'm stronger than that but I was dying.

I've been really tired this week. I skipped Thursday at the gym completely and went home and slept for two hours. It was what I needed. (I should have run.)

Today's run was bad because the humidity was 96%. It was awful. I wore black crops and looked like I peed myself at the end of the run, but I was just so sweaty.

I did not wet myself. Dreaded crotch sweat.
Thanks Lululemon crops :( 

Also my Lululemon top was worthless. I bought this Cool Racerback Lace. The back was lace (it was a perforated pattern, not actually lace)  and I thought it would be extra well ventilated, but it held sweat like a cotton T. It was so wet and heavy at the end of the run. Worst tank I've gotten from Lulu. Considering taking it back as defective it was that bad. Or throwing it out. Never wear that tank again!

I think that humidity was just my upper limit. I can do 93%, but today I couldn't.




Which would be 27-ish for a 5k. I'd really like to go 25 minutes or under. I can run 8 minute mile pace. On a flat surface in lower humidity.  (And my Apple Watch is really off. Especially when I run on the track. It's lags behind me A LOT so I like to hope my splits are actually a lot better.)
We'll see what happens next Saturday.

In the meantime—I made a running playlist.




I like to listen to music with a good beat when I workout. It's different than what I usually prefer. So this is my playlist. (In case there's no wifi next Saturday, I'll just download the music to my phone.)

1.Usher, Yeah!
2. Kanye West, Stronger
3. Foster and the People, Pumped Up Kicks
4. More Usher, OMG
5. P!NK, So What
6. J. Dash, Wop. (This is my newest addition. Not sure why I like it, but I do.)
7. MIA, Bad Girls
8. Nelly Furtado, Maneater

And that's the playlist. It's 31 minutes and I better be good and finished by then. Hopefully, I'll finish in a time I don't hate too much.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment