Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lululemon order mix-up

I really need another pair of crops with pockets. (Especially since Lululemon won't restock their sports bras with the pockets!). I ordered a ton hoping I'd get one pair that worked.

Ordered
1) Fabletics Curacao crop. The pocket is too deep and the crops show a ton of pet fur. They looked cheap when the came out of the wash.

Trying to shorten the pocket with duct tape! Didn't work :(

2 )Fabletics Curacao crop II. Sent back this pair since I wasn't happy with the first one.
3) Lululemon Rebel Runner
4) Lululemon Kris Kross Crop
5) Tried on: Lululemon Pace Rival Crop

Kris cross crop

I ordered the two Lulu crops in one order with a clearance sports bra. The order partially shipped with the bra and the Rebel Runner. A week passed and the Kris Kross Crops were never charged to my card and never shipped. And when I searched for them in the store, they weren't showing up.

I finally live chatted with the Lulu customer service, who didn't know why they didn't ship. The rep said they were in stock and I ended up buying them again. (Their website was clearly having issues. If you searched the crop, they were showing as out of stock. If you found them from the running page, they were showing up as in stock).

I probably shouldn't have bought them again. It was the universe telling me I spend too much and don't need them.

It was a weird chat. I think he was trying to make conversation asking me:

What are you going to use these crops for?
Do you know about our return policy?

Dude. You have my order history. Do you not see weekly orders dating back an entire year.
And asking me about the return policy makes me think that these are crops that will fall apart and I'll have to take them back.

They never apologized or tried to make it right. The guy offered to overnight them to me. They shipped 3 days later. I got them in four days. I've gotten markdowns in two-days with regular shipping so I'm not impressed. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I had planned on sending one of the crops back anyway.

Here are my thoughts, and what I returned and kept.

Rebel runner


I really liked the way these pants felt. The fabric was great and sucked me in the right places. I wasn't crazy for the high waist. And the deal breaker was the ankles.


I'm 5-5 and the ankles on these look like high waters. And because there's a zipper, you can't hem them. Or maybe you could before the cuffs, but that defeats the purpose. For $100, I want crops that don't make me look silly.

And honestly I think I need to look at
1) An Ivivva crop with a pocket
2) North Face sports bras with pockets

I returned the Rebel Runners. The educator showed me the Pace Rival crops that also have pockets, so I tried them on. They were sheer.



The fit was a little weird though. The tag said hugged sensation, but I felt like I could have tried a 4 on in those pants. The waist especially felt loose. I didn't feel any compression at all. (The Rebel Runners felt infinitely better in this department.) I did fit in a 4 in the Align pant (but kept the 6).

I ended up keeping the Kris Cross Crop, which still aren't on the website in black. My iPhone 6 fits in the pocket so I can use it for trail runs. My one gripe is that the pocket hits too low on my thigh. The phone falls practically to my knee, which I noticed for the first mile of my run and then got over it. The pants were clearly designed for taller girls. I'd love it if the pocket was up a little higher so my phone isn't hitting my knee when I run. Oh well it has a pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment