Sunday, May 12, 2019

Workouts this week May 6-12

Monday: Off

Tuesday: Speed work


Lunch: sweet potatoes and grilled chicken tacos

One mile warmup
3 mile repeats
7:24, 7:21, 7:21
Mile cool down.
These mile repeats felt so much better than two weeks ago. It made me feel like I was getting my speed back. The cool down mile wasn't that bad either.

Wednesday
I did 4 easy miles and my legs felt a little tired. The heat was also wearing on me some.

Thursday: 30 minute bike ride
Stopped to help a kid catch their super speedy dog. The dog won, but was corralled back into its house.

Friday: Morning run
I got in a morning run today because I was working late. So I came in late. (I LOVE being able to come in late and get my morning run in.) I had hoped to start running around 6:30 a.m., but I slept and felt like absolute garbage when I woke up. I started running around 8 a.m. and did 6 miles. I felt better after my run. I worked all day and ended up taking 27,000 that day. I was exhausted. I worked until 10 p.m.



Saturday: Off
I usually run 5 days a week. But—I also watch my mileage. I ran 25 miles last week, so I was trying to run 27 miles this week. 5+4+6+12 = 27
I had planned on a long bike ride, but it was raining. I did some core work at home.

Sunday: Long run
12 miles done. I did 2 faster miles at the end. 8:31 and 7:37. It felt good actually.
The first half, it drizzled most of the time. My shoes were so wet! The forecast showed that it might rain. But morning of, it said thunderstorms possible at 8:30 a.m. I figured my 7 a.m. run would be mostly done by then, but it rained most of the first half. I wrung out my shirt a few times.

I'm thinking of doing a half marathon Memorial Day. It wouldn't be a PR race, but just a fun run.

Recovery:
Rolling.

Miso Fast Greens and miso salmon from "Run Fast, Cook Fast, Eat Slow"


Miles this week: 27
Runs: 4
1 bike ride, 1 yoga session, 2 core sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment