Sunday, June 17, 2018

Workouts this week: June 11-17

June 11: Monday, off

June 12: Easy 5 miles

June 13: Speed work
After more than a year, I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE 5:30 A.M. TRACK WORKOUT.

I'm the one with the giant frizzy hair.


Thursday: 5 mile bike ride

Friday long run
I took Friday off work, so I decided to use the extra time to get my long run in. I did 4 hill repeats in the middle. 



Lunch from the Grit.


5 mile bike ride

Saturday: Bot gardens + core
I need to get better at running hills so I ran at the botanical garden. Ugh. (I think I did have to walk twice.) It was hot. But I'll run more hills and get better. 

Evening: 20 minutes of core

Sunday: Speed work plus yoga



After months of 10k speed, I want to work on shorter distances. My goal was to work on my mile or 5k this summer. 
There's a mile race in September. It's 12 weeks out, so I decided to do a time trial.
This training plan said that if I could run 1,000 meters at my goal pace, I could do a mile in 6 weeks.
So I went to the track. 
• Mile warmup. (And my legs felt lighter than they had in a while.) I did some strides and drills.
• 1,000 meters. I stopped my watch at 3:50, which I think is 5 seconds too slow. But my watch had 6 minute pace the whole time. But I felt good.
• Then I did a 400 and 200 meter just for fun. (1:28 and 41 seconds)
• 1 mile cool down
Overall, super happy with this workout. Think a 6 minute mile might be possible for me. It was good to feel fast. 





Evening: 40 minutes of yoga.

Workouts this week: 3 yoga, 5 runs, 2 bike rides

Miles this week: 27 


No comments:

Post a Comment