Sunday, April 17, 2016

Blue Ridge Flying Trapeze: Spring Weather Edition



The weather was absolutely gorgeous this weekend. And I'd REALLY wanted to go to flying trapeze around my birthday so I made the trek up to Blue Ridge this weekend.

I tried a different route. The route going up took 2:40 and didn't have the horrible winding mountain roads that the other route had. So a tiny bit longer and a lot prettier. (I saw lots of butterflies. I really didn't want them to hit my windshield.) This route went up through Gainesville north through Dawsonville.

Again, I did this trek by myself. Because I cannot get anyone to come with me.

I arrived and it was a party. Lots of trapezists from around the country were in town for the owner's birthday. Some were flying, some were off on the lake boating. It was fun chaos. (Also lots of people to work the board.)

I worked on my swing some. I'm still working on the hang straight. I kick back too much and arch too much. Colby told me to swing more with my arms (as opposed to just kicking). I'm working on that.

Set.

I did three swings and then started working on a new trick. It was supposed to be a straddle flip. Haha.

The first time, I let my hands go on the call. Oops.

The second time I didn't straddle. I had the lines between my legs so when I crashed, the lines bruised my thigh!

The third time I let go with my hands again.

At this point, I'm not straddling so decide just to try a layout.

I went again and piked like of a somersault. So not straight body like a layout. I did it once more like this too.

I saw the video and know what I have to work on for next time.



It was so pretty to fly though. Glad I went and glad I got to work on something new.

1 comment: